AUSTIN, TX. (PRWEB)
June 16, 2017
On June 22, 2017, ed-tech solution provider Lightspeed Systems kicks off “Summer of Longhorn,” a three-month series of free training webinars on use of its leading K-12 content filter. The series — named for the newest version of Lightspeed’s Web Filter, known as Web Filter 3: Longhorn — is designed to educate Lightspeed customers and non-customers alike on how to leverage the solution’s features to keep their school networks safe.
Lightspeed’s free “Summer of Longhorn” webinars — held every Thursday at 10 AM CDT from June 22 to August 17 — will cover different topics each week to highlight the most important new features of Web Filter 3: Longhorn and provide solutions to common challenges faced by school IT departments. Each webinar will feature detailed information and best practices followed by a question-and-answer session.
Released earlier this year, Web Filter 3: Longhorn is already being utilized by thousands of school districts around the world. Longhorn’s new features — including dynamic live reporting, continuous user identification, and customizable safe searching — are just some of the topics school IT personnel can expect to learn about in the webinar series.
The “Summer of Longhorn” webinar schedule is as follows:
- June 22 – User Identification in Longhorn
- June 29 – Reporting With Longhorn
- July 6 – Assignments, Rule Sets, and URL Patterns
- July 13 – SSL: What It Is and How Longhorn Can Help
- July 20 – Filtering Mobile Devices
- July 27 – Smart Play (Making YouTube Management Easy and Safe)
- August 3 – Database & Custom Categories
- August 10 – Blocking Psiphon and Other Filter Bypass Tools
- August 17 – General Troubleshooting, Tips, and Best Practices
Founded in 1999,…