A mother of one is speaking out after her husband’s energy drink consumption nearly cost her family everything.
In a post shared on Endres Photography‘s Facebook page, a woman named Brianna described the heart-wrenching battle that she and her husband Austin ended up having to fight while simultaneously preparing for the birth of their first child.
“Being pregnant is supposed to be one of the most amazing journeys you will ever embark on,” Brianna wrote. “You’re creating a new life. You are experiencing unconditional love for someone you have not even met. Austin and I were so excited to meet our little boy. To bring him home. To be a family.”
Amid her soon-to-be growing family’s bliss, Brianna said she received news from her mother-in-law that would leave her whole world “shattered within hours.”
“I still remember my mother in law waking me up that morning. ‘Austin had an accident’ she said. All I knew was that my husband was in the hospital. The worst part? I didn’t know why,” Brianna wrote.
“After a two hour drive to the hospital, I learned that my husband, the father of my child, the person I am so deeply in love with, had had a brain hemorrhage. Why? The doctors concluded (after running his tox screen and ruling out drugs) that this horrible event was due to his recent excessive energy drink consumption (a habit he had built when he started working longer hours and commuting).”
Before the family could process was happening, her husband was in an operating room undergoing a life-saving procedure.
“Surgery was already in motion… and after an agonizing 5 hour wait, we got to see him. But while everyone was focused on the almost unrecognizable face hooked up to all sorts of machines and tubes, all I could see was his parents. I saw the light leave his mother’s eyes as she saw her motionless son laying in that hospital bed. I saw his father break down crying as he held onto his wife. They didn’t know if the life they created together would even wake up. Watching…