This article originally appeared on the Motley Fool.
Hands down, we think the following credit cards are the best among the popular offers we’ve vetted. So take a moment to review our handpicked short list, including the best travel, cash-back, and balance-transfer credit cards.
- Sign-up bonus for a travel credit card – Chase Sapphire Preferred®
- No-annual-fee travel credit card – BankAmericard Travel Rewards®
- No-hassles travel credit card – Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard®
- No-annual-fee cash-back credit cards – BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ and Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 Month BT offer
- No-annual-fee balance-transfer credit card – BankAmericard®
- $0 introductory balance-transfer-fee credit card – Chase Slate®
- Balance-transfer credit card for late payments – Citi Simplicity® Card – No Late Fees Ever
- Low APR credit card – Barclaycard Ring™ Mastercard®
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® credit card offers one of the largest sign-up bonuses we know of for a card with an annual fee below $100. New cardholders can earn 50,000 bonus points after spending at least $4,000 on new purchases in the first three months. All points redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards® are worth 25% more than redeeming for cash back, leaving qualifying cardholders with a bonus worth $625 for travel or $500 cash back. What’s more, travel and restaurant purchases earn 2 points per dollar spent, all other purchases earn 1 point per dollar spent, and points can be transferred to a long list of Chase’s participating transfer partners, all with a low annual fee of $95 (waived for the first year). These are just a few reasons we consider Chase Sapphire Preferred® a must-have, best-in-class credit card for sign-up bonuses. We also picked it as one of the best travel credit cards. Read our full review of Chase Sapphire Preferred®.
BankAmericard Travel Rewards® Credit Card
Flexible rewards are a busy traveler’s best friend, and the BankAmericard Travel Rewards® credit card punches far above its weight. What stands out most in our mind is the card’s flexible points redemption program. All purchases earn 1.5 points per dollar spent and can be redeemed for travel-related statement credits, making this a powerful travel credit card for cardholders searching for cheap deals using their preferred booking portal. Qualifying new cardholders can also look forward to an offer of 20,000 points bonus — redeemable for $200 in travel-related statement credits — after spending at least $1,000 on new purchases in the first 90 days, plus no annual fee. Read our full review of BankAmericard Travel Rewards®.
Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard®
Cardholders with large credit spending habits may be justified in paying an annual fee, especially with the Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard® credit card. Members can lock in 2 travel miles per dollar on all purchases and redeem miles via…