Harvey Weinstein’s lawyers Benjamin Brafman and Blair Berk declined to comment on the suit on Wednesday.
While Mr. Weinstein has admitted that his behavior “has caused a lot of pain,’’ he denies that he sexually assaulted women.
In an emailed statement, a Miramax spokeswoman said the company “joins the entire film community in condemning Harvey Weinstein and his unspeakable actions.” She added that Miramax had been “completely independent” of Mr. Weinstein and his brother since they founded the Weinstein Company in 2005.
The Weinstein Company did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Wednesday.
A spokeswoman for Mr. Dolan, who was on the board from mid-2015 to mid-2016, said: “Mr. Dolan is confident that he acted appropriately in all matters relating to his time on the Weinstein board.”
A spokesman for Mr. Jones declined to comment on the litigation, but, separately, shared a note that Mr. Jones sent to his company on Wednesday about Mr. Weinstein. “I never knew about those discussions or any of the revelations until they began to surface publicly, and I resigned two days later,” Mr. Jones said in the note.
A spokesman for Mr. Lasry declined to comment on Wednesday. And Mr. Maerov did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Their statement goes on: “How could so many women have been violated? How could so many people have covered up for him? How could so many people have done nothing to help? Money.”
It requests that Mr. Weinstein and his legal team submit a “full mea culpa and admission of the wrongs perpetrated by both him and his enablers.”
Since the original news reports, dozens of women including Angelina Jolie, Cara Delevingne and Ashley Judd have come forward,…