​’Numerous fatalities’ in south Florida high school shooting; suspect identified as former student

At least 20 people were injured and “numerous fatalities” confirmed in a shooter situation in south Florida at a high school Wednesday afternoon.

The shooter was later identified as Nicolas Cruz by a US official, as reported by the Associated Press. It was also confirmed that the suspect was a former student around the age of 18.

“‘It’s catastrophic. There really are no words.’ – Sheriff Israel,” tweeted the Broward County sheriff .

According to authorities, the suspect opened fire in the area of the school. The person was later detained near the school but it wasn’t specified if they were inside the school building at any time. Two law enforcement sources said the alleged shooter got out of the school after the shooting by blending in with other students who were trying to escape.

So far, authorities have not said if there is a second suspect.

The Broward County Sheriff’s Office called in the SWAT team to Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School where a suspect opened fire Wednesday. The FBI was briefed on the situation as well and is now taking part in the investigation.

They tweeted, “Shooter is now in custody. Scene is still active. #stonemanshooting.”

“So far we have at least 14 victims. Victims have been and continue to be transported to Broward Health Medical Center and Broward Health North hospital. #StonemanShooting.”

The Broward Country School District tweeted a statement,“Today, close to Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School’s…

Read the full article from the Source…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *